wiki.Alumni.NET - Your Location Information Resource

North America/United States of America/Washington DC/National Children's Museum/

From wiki.Alumni.NET

Jump to: navigation, search

Coordinates: 38°53′59″N 77°00′55″W 38.899754000000001, -77.015174999999999

National Children's Museum

  • Location & Contact Information
    • Address: 955 L'Enfant Plaza North SW, Suite 5100 Washington DC USA 20024
    • Telephone Number: +1-202-675-4120
    • Official Website: [1]
  • Overview

National Childrens Museum is a 140,000-sq.-foot (13,000-m²) interactive museum for children that is planned to open in 2013 in National Harbor . Its previous facility at H Street NE, first=Jacqueline |last=Trescott |coauthors=Ovetta Wiggins |title=Childrens Museum Finds a Home in Md. |url= |work=Washington Post |page=B01 |date=2007-07-27 }}Planning for the National Childrens Museum began in 1999, when the Capital Childrens Museum Board of Trustees identified the need for a new national institution for children in the Washington region. Congress designated CCM as the National Childrens Museum in 2003.The National Childrens Museum is projected to attract 500,000 visitors in its first year of operation, 80 percent of whom will be from the Washington area. Tourists are expected to make up the remaining 20 percent.!-- Bot generated title [1]



Personal tools