wiki.Alumni.NET - Your Location Information Resource
Palawan is an island province of the Philippines located in the MIMAROPA region. Its capital is Puerto Princesa City, and it is the largest province in the country in terms of total area of jurisdiction. The islands of Palawan stretch from Mindoro in the northeast to Borneo in the southwest. It lies between the South China Sea and the Sulu Sea. The province is named after its largest island, Palawan Island, measuring 450 kilometers (280 mi) long, and 50 kilometers (31 mi) wide.Palawan is composed of the long and narrow Palawan Island, plus a number of other smaller islands surrounding the main island. The Calamianes Group of Islands, to the northwest consists of Busuanga Island, Culion Island, and Coron Island. Durangan Island almost touches the westernmost part of Palawan Island, while Balabac Island is located off the southern tip, separated from Borneo by the Balabac Strait. In addition, Palawan covers the Cuyo Islands in the Sulu Sea. The disputed Spratly Islands, located a few hundred kilometers to the west is considered part of Palawan by the Philippines, and is locally called the Kalayaan Group of Islands.Palawan's almost 2,000 kilometers (1,200 mi) of irregular coastline are dotted with 1,780 islands and islets, rocky coves, and sugar-white sandy beaches. It also harbors a vast stretch of virgin forests that carpet its chain of mountain ranges. The mountain heights average 3,500 feet (1,100 m) in altitude, with the highest peak rising to 6,843 feet (2,086 m) at Mount Matalingahan. The vast mountain areas are the source of valuable timber. The terrain is a mix of coastal plain, craggy foothills, valley deltas, and heavy forest interspersed with riverine arteries that serve as irrigation.
- Getting There
Hotels & Resorts
- Asia/Philippines/Palawan/Taytay/Club Noah Resort Isabelle/
- Asia/Philippines/Palawan/Puerto Princesa City/Dos Palmas Arreceffi Island Resort/
- Asia/Philippines/Palawan/Coron/El Rio Y Mar Island Resort/
- Asia/Philippines/Palawan/El Nido (Bacuit)/Lagen Island Resort/
- Asia/Philippines/Palawan/El Nido (Bacuit)/Miniloc Island Resort/
- Coron Reefs, Coron Bay, Busuanga
- El Nido Marine Reserve Park
- Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park
- Tourism Activities in Palawan Continue
- Palawan's Exotic Island Tops British Vogue's Best Holiday Destination List
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Asia/Philippines/Palawan/"
This category contains only the following page.